So, I’ve been playing with this idea in my head for a beat. I got something of a battle beat. And I figured… lemme write a song about rape culture.
But you know what? All I got is how men who label themselves as nice guys are actually passive aggressive wannabe rapist. And while that’s a start, not really something I wanna center the song around.
So… any ideas?
Now, you don’t have to be a rapper, a poet. You don’t even have to rhyme. Just give me an idea of what you think could be in an angry song about rape.
Actually, before I start collecting data, here are some things I will not allow:
1) You’re only helping generate ideas. You know, what you think should be in a song about the topic. I have the final say in what to put in it.
2) Don’t give me lyrics. You have no idea what the music sounds like, and thus it may not flow well. Also, I don’t want to have to go through clearances or lawsuits.
3) Don’t tell me it’s a bad idea because “that’s not Hip-Hop”. I am not asking for your personal opinion on what is and what isn’t Hip-Hop.
4) Don’t ask me “when the song is coming out”.
5) Be general about your ideas. Don’t get too personal.
6) Talk to me as if you’re educating me on the subject.
Funny how I am crowd-sourcing for ideas, but I figured this might be a good topic to talk about.
So, any ideas?
… and why are people bugging one of my followers about tagging her? It’s like telling us to only tag nice things about George Zimmerman, or great things about Adolf Hitler, or “not all rapists are evil” in “rape culture”.